Pizza night. Easy, right? So, sooooo wrong. I'm on the lazy train this week with Trevor gone. I have a coupon for a $1 pizza (gluten free!), so I thought: "Hey! Perfect!". Well, they don't deliver a $1 pizza, so off to pick it up we go. Now as some sort of a back story, you need to know that 2/3rds of my children are crying at all times on this trip. Keeping this mind, we pull up to the restaurant.
Ariana's crying for who knows why, Elijah's fussing because Ryan's talking to him, and Ryan's wondering why Daddy needs to live in the airport for a week. I'm trying to juggle my bag, hold Ariana, and hold Elijah's hand while keeping track of Ryan in a busy parking lot. Eli is at all times yanking and trying to run away. Ryan's practically crawling through the parking in the quest to find coins on the pavement. The door's too heavy for Ryan to open alone, but to help him means letting go of Elijah, who (even though he's almost 3 and should know better) will run the opposite direction I want him to go in. Why? Because I don't want him to, that's why. Stubborn child. But, I digress...
Once inside the restaurant, the boys immediately run off to climb onto the tables and dump out the Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes and make a big of mess as possible. This is probably not very Christian of me, but I'm just glad it's not our house they are destroying (for once!). Elijah tastes the red pepper and immediately regrets it. I don't believe in karma, but I think it's biting Eli in the bottom right now for making a mess. haha
GOT THE PIZZA! But it seems I've forgotten a very important part of this puzzle: I only have 2 hands. Which means I can either trust Ryan to hold the pizza and not drop it, or Elijah is doing a trust based walk to the car. Option 3 is Ariana knocking it out of hand and ruining it anyways. So off we go, juggling about 50 things, praying we make it to the car in one piece. Where is the monkey leash when you really need it, anyways?
I chose option B. Elijah held onto my pants pocket, Ryan held Elijah's other hand, and even though Ariana was constantly lunging at the pizza, she did not knock it over. And even though it took us about 15 times longer to walk the 10 feet to our car than it should've, we made it!
Point of this story is: having 3 kids is hard work, and I am awesome.
You are awesome! Too bad it's illegal to leave them all in the car!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve more than gluten free pizza for that!! I'll bring you some of those puffed air cookies. ;)
ReplyDelete