OK, seriously, what's the deal with preschool? I'm not being snarky; I just don't get it. I mean, I get the big deals: social interaction, sharing, learning, time away from Mom, etc...
I got a preschool workbook for Ryan to learn at home. He gets plenty of socialization and sharing skills from home, playgroups, MOPS, AWANAs, and Sunday school. There are plenty of days that I wish I could send him to school just for a little break, but is it worth the money?? No judgements, I promise, and this post is not meant to be offensive, so please don't take it that way. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. I never went to preschool, and I think I turned out fine, haha. I think sending Ryan to a preschool would benefit him in many ways, but is it worth the money? If only I could find a free, Christian preschool for the boys to go to...
NO WAY is it worth the money. Josiah is going because he needs an IEP (individual education program). He has a pretty severe speech delay. I took him into Child Find (through our school district) to see if he might qulaify for some speech therapy, and in order to get the therapy he must attend a preschool. It's been pretty rough on our family and the drop off and pick up are not worth the "break". And it's not really even that big of a break. Micah is helpless without his brother!
ReplyDeleteJo has to go 4 days ( YES 4 DAYS!) a week, which is miserable. 2.5 hours a day would cost us $265 a month. I stayed a little bit to see what the fuss was all about. It's basically glorifed babysitting. It made me feel like I was doing a good job with him myself. But he really does NEED to get some help with his speech. But I don't know what the fuss is all about either. There is no way we'd be sending him if he didn't have to go!
I keep meaning to tell you about this preschool I found. I've heard awesome things about this school. http://usofcs.org/kings-kidz-pre-k-club/
ReplyDelete