Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just call him Trevor: SuperDad!

Trevor is not like a lot of other guys. He is really involved in the care of our children, helps with the household chores regularly ( I haven't done the dishes in a long time!), and even goes grocery shopping with me. I haven't gotten up in the middle of the night with the boys in 2 years or changed Ryan's sheets when he has a accident ever. He's maybe too involved. Because now I'm dependent on him to keep our house running smoothly.  I'm in no way complaining, I like it this way. But the thing is, Trevor's leaving on Sunday. Only for 6 days, but that's 6 days too long. Most days 6 hours away at work is long enough for me, and now I'm supposed to go 6 whole days without him? What?

Yes, I realize that there are a lot of women whose husbands are gone for a year at a time, or for most of the year every year. I admire the women that can keep the home fire burning and hold down the fort with such strength. Really, I admire you more than you know. And if we were military we'd probably only have 1 kid right now (sometimes things happen outside of your control and accidents happen, though. **cough, cough** Ryan and Ariana **cough, cough**) . But I chose this life specifically for the non-traveling it afforded.  And here we are. Gone for 6 days.

Anyways, Trevor will have fun, because even though it's a business trip, there will be plenty of disc golf opportunities available to him, plenty of time to sleep and play computer games, and yummy food to eat that he won't have to clean up after. He will also get to experience Kansas City, which I've heard is the Paris of Missouri. What's not to love about that? :-)

Me? You may be wondering about me. I'll be here, piled in soiled sheets and diapers, with dirty dishes in the sink and take out cartons on the kitchen floor. I'll probably also be exhausted, and slightly greasy since we won't bathe the entire week. But I will take this time to get to know my children better, and eat all the chocolate ice cream I can without anyone actually seeing how much of it I can consume in a week. I sense a challenge in this!

Anyways, if you think of me next week, offer up a prayer in my behalf. I'll be busy most mornings, but alone at home in the afternoons and nights. I know I can handle it, but my children may not make it through. We'll do a roll call when the week is over! Ha!




1 comment:

  1. If you need anything at all, you know my number! I could evn help yo eat some chocolate ice cream.

    ReplyDelete