Monday, October 17, 2011

Why having nightmares is a nightmare!

Ryan's been waking up at around 1203 or 1 am with nightmares for a while now. He usually comes into our bedroom, we spread a blanket on our floor, and he (normally) sleeps pretty well until morning. Not so the past week or two...
He'll wake up around 1 am, scream at the top of his lungs all the way across the house, and even though he's still sleeping on the blanket in our room, he'll be awake for hours screaming every 5 minutes or so until morning. Usually at some point one or both of his siblings wake up also.
We've tried to rationalize it, pray with him, distract him with a few minutes of tv, everything. We can't even get him to whine quietly! We having soothing Christian music about Jesus playing where he can hear it, and a light on in the hallway where he can see it.

Now, please, don't get me wrong. I was a very timid and easily spooked little girl, so I have plenty of sympathy.  But back then I didn't have to deal with it. And I now I do, and I'm tired! Any suggestions?

Also, please don't mind the weird background highlighting... I have no idea how I did it or get to it off! 

2 comments:

  1. lol....Josiah has been waking up in the middle of the night too. And has been talking about being scared also. We just pray and tell him nothing can hurt him if He prays to God. Seems to help him. A lot of my friends have told me that it's a def stage thing. All their kids went though it too.

    About the highlight thing....in your "Dashboard" try going to the template design tab and there should be an area where you can customize your text. If that doesn't help it must be something in your post. Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the nightmares! I hope that you can find something that helps! I thought that you were doing the background to simulate a nightmare! :)

    ReplyDelete