Friday, June 3, 2011

Just call me middle aged.

The past few days the boys have kept me on edge. Sunday Elijah tripped while walking and totally ripped off most of one of his fingernails. It really is probably painful, and super annoying. He has to have his finger bandaged up really well to keep dirt and bacteria out. If it gets infected, his nail might never grow back. He seems dead-set on getting it dirty. We'll be in the store (gross!) or outside when he'll rip off his bandaids and proclaim: "My owie is all better! YAY!" I usually end up wrapping something, anything around it to keep the nail from ripping off the rest of the way. If this boy comes through with a whole fingernail in the end, it'll be an act of God. 


Along the same lines (the aging process of Mommy), I was planting onions in my garden yesterday. I only had a few, and it's the last thing I needed to get in the ground. Ariana was playing, or screaming, in her walker in the shade, and the boys were running around naked and glorious in the sun. I looked up to check on them and they weren't in the backyard. No biggie, Ryan goes in all the time to go potty, and Elijah usually follows him. So I bent back over to finish planting. A few minutes more go by, and I look up again. The boys are still inside. So I gather my things together and head in. I find Elijah easily, playing in the living room with some toy. I look around and don't find Ryan... Then I notice the front door is open. **heart attack** I race outside and start yelling for Ryan. I find him 2 doors down the street, naked, on his way to meet the neighbors. He can unlock and open the front door no problem. But he's never done it before like this. He just get what was wrong with what he did. So I told him that a stranger could've come and taken him away from Mommy. Or he could've gotten hit by a car and had to go to the hospital. Do you know what he said to that? "But I still wanted to, Mom. I could do it." /Sigh, I guess I didn't through to him. He's so independent. 
Meanwhile, during the lecture to Ryan in which I was always a breath away from spanking the snot out of him, I hear Ariana start screaming bloody murder. So I run outside AGAIN, and Elijah's whaling on her with a baseball bat. Thankfully it was plastic, and she lived to tell the tale. 


In case anyone is wondering, this is why my bathrooms are dirty. I can' trust my kids long enough to clean them. And since the paint stripper and rubbing alcohol incidents of 2008 I'm nervous to have cleaners even in the house. Don't judge me, please. :-0

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is crazy, glad your kids are safe! For cleaners have you tried doing the 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water? My girls went out front the other day when we were in the back, I was so dissapointed in them, as I told them several times not to be outside w/ out mommy. So, they got thier spankens for sure. Would love to see your garden! :)

    ReplyDelete