Friday, May 20, 2011

We are in trouble!

Trevor and I spend about $400-450 a month on groceries. Lately it's not enough. Ryan's always weighed more than he should. I mean, he looks skinny, right? It's not true. He has a iron leg or something. He weighs nearly 40 lbs and is 40 inches tall. A very sturdy 3 1/2 year old. Lately he's been eating like it's going out of style, and the new clothes I just got him (in a size too big) to last him all this coming winter, are fitting perfectly now. I've already had to loosen his adjustable waisted pants, and his 4T shirts are creeping further and further up his tummy.
We are in trouble for sure. We've still 15 years of feeding this kid ahead of us, and we can barely afford it now! Yesterday he ate: 2 cinnamon rolls and a glass of milk for breakfast, a bowl goldfish for snack, 2 (read this again: 2 whole sandwiches, a banana and 12 ozs of milk for lunch, 2 cookies for snack and a glass of milk, and for dinner... 2 1/2 enchaladas, vegetables, a pudding cup, a kiwi, and 12 ozs of milk.

Elijah's never been as big of eater as Ryan, and I think that may be our saving grace. Although his special milk is around $11 a week... The moral of this post is: 2 boys for sale. I may even pay YOU for keeping them. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment