Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Patio sets, toenails and the zoo

I got a patio set for our backyard on Mother's Day! It's the best present to date. Our backyard faces East, so in the summer we don't get shade back there until about 2 pm. And I burn like a lobster in about 5 minutes. And since I hate sunscreen, so what's a girl to do?!?! Well, now I have the answer: sit under the umbrella on a comfy patio chair! Yay! Thanks, Trevor and my awesome kiddos for a great present that will make my life so much less complicated during the summer. Now all I have to do is get Ariana to not be terrified of everything outdoors. She screams when Hershey gets close to her, she screams when the grass touches her tiny body, she even gets highly annoyed with the wind. Get used to it Baby Girl! The wind is our constant companion here.:-) 


Speaking of awesome things, I have decided that now is the time to paint Ariana's toenails. This will be an adventure for many reasons:
1. She has incredibly ticklish feet.
2. Cutting her toenails is a nightmare, so adding paint makes me skeptical. 
3. She's starting to do the whole baby thing and putting her feet in her mouth. I need to get non-toxic polish.
4. The boys are going to see me do this and want it done. 
5. When I paint the boys' toenails a pretty purple color, Trevor will get mad at me for destroying his boys. :-) (haha, no, I won't paint them, don't worry!)
But I have to do it. So I'll figure it out somehow. I just think it will be the cutest thing in the world, don't you?


We got a zoo membership to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo this year! Does anyone else have one? Wanna go with me sometime? It'll be hilarious to watch me try to juggle my kids in the zoo while Ariana screams in the stroller and the boys refuse to be in the stroller. You won't know who the real zoo animals are! haha, we blend right in. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. The Cloth Diaper Market on Carefree has the non toxic polish. We should go buy some! I didn't get a membership, but I'm wishing I had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to the zoo!!!! I think Kyla would have fun:)
    I think painting her toes will be so cute, I did Kyla's for her party!!!

    ReplyDelete