Thursday, June 23, 2011

Minnie Mouse's stock in sunscreen

Ariana is now 11 months old. **sniff, sniff** I've been in denial about her turning a year old for a while. Something about it makes me feel old. My last baby a whole year old?!?! NO. Can't be. It's almost enough to give me baby fever... almost, but not quite. ;-) I'm just trying to drink in all I can of her sweet baby smells and her soft (but few!) rolls, and the peaceful, precious nursings we have. I know it won't be long before she weans herself, although I am hoping for another 6 months at least. She's just so cuddly and sweet, I can't let go!
Here's a picture of her sweet! face.


I have decided to do a Baby Minnie Mouse themes party for her. I have also ordered a personalized Minne shirt with her name on it from an etsy shop. I am getting very excited. But, please, if you are coming to the party (and don't feel left out if you aren't, I only invited mostly family), don't expect to much of me. I'll be doing mostly gluten free food, and will be overwhelmed with the new menu. I also get frazzled and bamboozled easily when there is a lot to do. Organization is not my strong suit. However, I think I have the theme all planned out, and I am waiting for a day when Trevor comes home in time for me to go Party City by myself to get the stuff. Can you imagine me in Party City with all 3 kids? CHAOS. I'm a little scared just even thinking about it.

It's been warm the past few days. The boys have been enjoying their kiddie pool in the backyard. They really enjoy getting and getting wet on their own, but Heaven forbid they get splashed. They freak out and the fun is over. Kids are hilarious, aren't they? Ryan's got my fair skin and I would imagine that he would burn super easily, but I haven't given him a chance. Elijah's got Trevor's olive complexion and tans really fast. I slather him liberally with sunscreen, too, but he has a strong farmer's tan already. So far this month, I've gone through 4 cans of sunscreen. But skin-cancer free kids are totally worth it. And they are so cute playing in the pool, aren't they?

And here's my American Sweetie. Isn't this swim suit too much!? But don't worry, she won't be allowed to wear a bikini in public or have another one ever again. I just couldn't resist this once! ;-)

Until next time...

1 comment: