Ignore. That's what I am doing right now. It's my last line of defense. I've tried being patient, remembering that they are still little boys. I've tried using humor and then discipline. I'm trying (even now!) to show God's love to my sweet, often horrifically awful, children. Because what I want, more than anything in this world, is for them to know and love Jesus. But I have my human limits. And they have pushed me beyond them today.
I've been trying all day to get things ready for Ariana's party tomorrow. I know things can't be perfect, and I don't strive for them to be. But I do expect to have a bathroom floor clean of pee and a kitchen without smashed grapes on the floor. Is this too much to ask? Apparently.
So far today (in the span of about 2.5 hours) the kids have done:
1. peed all over the bathroom that I had just cleaned.
2. dumped rice cereal powder all over the kitchen.
3. pulled the stuffing out of a stuffed animal and spread it around the living room (also, just cleaned)
4. spit 10 ozs of milk all over thier bedroom resulting in dirty sheets, 3 full drawers of clothes soiled, dirty toys and carpet.
5. pooped 4 times
6. took off Peanut's diaper and allow her to smear yuck on couch pillow
7. took off every single button on a laptop keyboard and throw them around the upstairs. (by the way, they are the perfect choking size for a baby. Joy!)
8. snuck my camera off a high shelf and reset all my setting and got the lens dirty.
9. got vinegar out of the cupboard and dumped it on the living room carpet.
10. got the tissue paper meant for Ariana's gift tomorrow and shredded it.
11. not napped
This makes me sound pretty neglectful, I know. But I have a theory: THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO BRING ME DOWN! All this is happening pop-corned. I'm busy and distracted either feeding the baby, changing diapers, disciplining one for a mess they've caused, or cleaning up a mess. And they take advantage of my distraction. I don't know what to do to keep this from happening again. Right now, Ariana is napping (Thanks, Jesus!) and the boys have been in time out for about 10 minutes. They are thrashing around like a fish on a hook whining and flailing, like their spirit is slowly being sucked out of them by the tyranny of Mommy. I WISH! :-P
Here comes round 2... Ryan's flailing produced an "injury". Wish me luck!
Do you want help? Marley should be up in 10 minutes.
ReplyDeleteWhile this post is probably not meant to make me giggle. It sure did. At least I know my kids are "normal", well at least compared to your's. Sounds like a very "normal" day in my house. Keep it up Mom. I do alot of ignoring too : )
ReplyDelete