My boys are in love with their bodies. Whenever they "toot" They make sure everyone knows. They run around saying "I toot, Mom, did you hear that? I tooted!" Until you acknowledge it. Daddy is no help with this. He just laughs and says: "ewww, that yucky!" Which makes them laugh and try to toot again. **sigh** I've finally gotten R to a point where he at least says "excuse me" even if he is laughing like a hyena while saying so.
Speaking of, the other day Trevor and I are sitting on the couch talking, while the boys played behind the sliding glass door curtain. We casually glance over at them laughing like crazy when we see R pulling his pants down. Trevor yelled at him to stop and come him. He asked what R was doing and R replied: "just pulling my pants down, Dad."
"why are you pulling your pants down, R?"
"I had to go to the bathroom, Dad."
"Is the bathroom over there?" <--- pointing at our back door
"no! I better go potty in the toilet!" <---- running to the bathroom
"were you going to go potty on the door, R?"
"yes, cause I wanted to."
**sigh** I don't know what to do about little boys who like to pee on things. Is this normal? I obviously don't know. I didn't spend my childhood peeing on everything in sight, but what do I know? I'm just a girl...
I can see where peeing on things outside would be pretty amusing if you were a little boy, but peeing on the door, inside the house? Ew. But I, too, am a girl, so what do I know?? I'm glad Trevor caught him in time!
ReplyDeleteGood save, Trevor!
ReplyDelete