Monday, November 28, 2011

The BOYS: thank God there aren't 3 of them!

People tell me that I will laugh about it later. They tell me to write it down so I'll never forget about the funny or annoying (at the time) stuff the boys do. We'll see. Some of this is funny to me now, even just a few months later. Most of it makes me exhausted just writing it down! I certainly didn't remember it all, but this is a majority of it from about August to now. So far the boys have:
  1. re-arranged thier bedroom furniture every day this year

    1. Torn a huge hole in a brand new mattress
    2. constantly peeing on things
    3. torn 2 sets of curtain rods out of the walls
    4. shattered the light globe on their fan 
    5. shattered the globe again later that week
    6. broken the fan by throwing things at it
    7. fixed it a again by throwing more things at it
    8. "had fun" with 18 eggs in the kitchen
    9. ripped one of my special plants out of the ground 8 times this summer. (one survived, the other did not)
    10. broke their sister cd player
    11. dumped out multiple bags of chips and cereal all over the living room. 
    12. dumped baby soap out all over the bathroom (making it a very slippery and hard to clean surface!)
    13. broke our coffee table
    14. knocked all the decorations off the bedroom wall and destroyed them by throwing them at the wall
    15. poked each other in the eye with spoons
    16. got into my garden, plucked the tomatoes, and used them as baseballs
    17. took apart the plumbing under the sink (3 separate occasions)
    18. turned off the cold water to the bathroom sinks so all it was scorching hot
    19. threw an entire box of tampons down the toilet and clogged it
    20. put the house phone in the toilet
    21. get naked outside and throw their clothes over the fence
    22. dump lotion in my water cup as often as possible
    23. dump water out in any available space whenever possible
    24. or my favorite, SPREAD the lotion out on something and THEN dump water on it. Usually my pillows or bed
    25. get into my mascara and paint with it
    26. rip the baby gate out of the wall
    27. dismantle the vacuum cleaner
    28. rip apart their Sissy's Christmas stocking and eat the pieces. I think they think they are goats.
    I certainly do love my boys. And I'm glad I get to be their mommy, even if it means I know they'll destroy something if even I dare to take 30 seconds to go to the bathroom when Trevor's not home. Sometimes I get over whelmed by the destruction, but maybe it's just a boy thing? I mean, they are normal, right? They seem too monstrous to be normal, right? I probably should have them locked in a padded room, but then they'd just rip the padding off walls and still get hurt! haha

    1 comment:

    1. HA! I love that they poked each other with spoons, and dumped your tampons in the toilet. I can't tell you how many times I have found a entire roll of toilet paper being "flushed" down the toilet. Ain't it grand?

      ReplyDelete